Saturday, May 1, 2010

I don't think we're in Wisconsin any more...

This afternoon, it was really gray and stormy. Good news for people with allergies, bad news for anyone who wanted to be outside. Even the nice pink tree looked dark and sad:


For awhile, we were even under a tornado warning/watch thing. This, of course, led to a Wizard of Oz discussion with one of the boys. I had been lamenting the fact that I couldn't go for a walk, because I didn't want to be Dorothy. Que talk about creepy flying monkeys that scar kids for life. But it got me thinking about various fantasy worlds, so when I was walking back to my dorm this evening and saw all of the lampposts, I couldn't help but think how fun it would be to wander into Narnia.


I apologize for the somewhat poor picture quality- my camera is pretty basic and I'm not very photo-savvy as it is. Still, this is pretty much what the lampposts look like to me if I'm not not wearing my glasses, so it's somewhat accurate. lol

1 comment: