Thursday, September 30, 2010

Apparently I forgot to title this entry the first time around...

Tuesday
Jon had to do some laundry on Tuesday, so we decided to play Magic in the basement while his clothes were in. Sadly, we were stuck there a lot longer than planned.


Indeed. Two of our four washing machines are out of order. And the other two were full when we got there. At least the room was warm and clean smelling?

Wednesday
I had my first geology lab this morning. Which meant that a lot of my time yesterday was spent studying minerals and how to identify them. I figured it would be easiest to make a spreadsheet. (Also, I happen to LOVE Numbers. It's such a great way to organize things!)


The first four are fairly distinct from the others, which makes then easy to remember. The next two are also very distinct from the rest, but are really similar to each other. Feldspars are kind of middle ground, and again, similar to each other. Figuring out the rest of them was the difficult part.

Thursday
I've finally started to read the Hunger Games, which came highly recommended to me from a couple of different people. It's the first book of a fairly new series which is apparently really starting to take off.


From what I've heard/ read so far, it reminds me a lot of Shirley Jackson's Lottery. Interesting and creepy. We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah! I love your blog and just started following. I found it via Dubs Dimple...

    I have heard about this book and now that I see you are reading it, too, I may have to see if the Milw. library has it.

    keep up with the great pictures!!

    pam

    www.gingergirl4242.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete