Friday, September 24, 2010

Hair Twistys

On Monday, one of the girls who sits next to me in my lit. class was telling me about these cool hair things she had. They look like big twisty bobby pins and are apparently a really easy way to put your hair up. So when I made a Walmart run with some of my friends the other day and saw them sitting on a display at the end of an aisle, I figured I'd give them a try.


Here's what they look like on their own. They also come in a darker color for those of you who aren't blond. They were pretty easy to get the hang of, and worked a lot better than I thought they would. I had assumed that I'd at least need to fix it up a little, but they stayed in and held my hair in place all day.

Side note- I didn't take this picture. It's a screenshot from the Goody website. Coincidentally, does anyone else hate the new Google Image Search?


I gave them a try yesterday, and really liked them. I did take this picture in the morning, but aside from getting rained on it looked pretty much the same at the end of the day. It was a fairly quick operation, too- all you have to do is twist your hair around, then screw one pin in from the top and the other in from the bottom and you're good to go. It'll be nice on days when I'm running behind in the morning. Ashley, the girl who told me about these things, had a messier bun than mine is, probably because she has much longer hair. Something to keep in mind if anyone is interested in them.

1 comment: