Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The last few days of summer

Sunday
Freshmen moved into the dorms on Sunday, and returning students moved back in on Monday, which meant that Sunday was the last night I had the room to myself.


Of course, I cleaned up the room a little bit so it wouldn't be a mess when she got here. I may have been using the extra bed as storage for the numerous sweatshirts and hoodies I've been wearing the last few days. (I was NOT prepared for it to be this cold this soon!)

Monday
Last night was a lot of fun- a bunch of my friends got together for a huge Magic-athon in one of the dorms. We even had a few new friends join us :) Jon made a sweet green/black deck, and JD's roommate kind of just owned most of us. This year though, I brought more than just my Magic cards to play with.


Now I have an entire section of my bookshelf dedicated to games: Magic, regular playing cards, backgammon, chinese checkers, and cribbage.

Tuesday
Today we had a big fair type of thing on campus for welcome week. All of the clubs organized stands on the library mall to get people involved. There was tons of food and lots swag.


Seriously, look at all of this stuff! 3 different bags, a bunch of pens, pins, a pencil sharpener, a frisbee(!!!), and a sweet ID card holder. AND they had corn on the cob for lunch! It was pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment