Tuesday, September 28, 2010

USRH Weekend

I spent most of last weekend doing things with USRH. Saturday was Fall Fest on the Fox, and I was part of the USRH Dragon Boat team.

Friday
Friday was the most boring part of the weekend. I went to classes, talked to my friends about the season premiere of Glee, and played some Magic. I also got ready for Dragon Boats!


I figured that since we were supposed to meet in the office at 7:15am, it would be better to pack the night before, so I didn't forget anything too important. So of course I packed everything into my USRH bag: snacks, sweat for when we weren't in the boat, my camera, team shirt. I still forgot to pack a towel though, which in hindsight probably would have been a good idea.

Saturday
Dragon Boats! It was really cold in the morning, which kinda made me wish I hadn't signed up for it. It did get warmer as the day went on though, so it wasn't too bad.


Team USRH, war paint and all. We ended up doing pretty well: we moved up to division C from division D (which I believe is a first for any ResLife team), and ended up placing 7th out of 12 in that division. After we were finished, my parents took Jon and I out for dinner, which was amazing since we were both starving.

Sunday
Since so much of my time on Saturday was spent off campus, I didn't get any of my work done. So I decided to kill two birds with one stone, and go fill my office hours while I did my homework. Committee chairs don't get their own desks, so I usually pirate Kristen's, since even when she's there she doesn't use it.


I believe this is either her mascot, or USRH's. I'm not entirely clear on it, but I think it's hilarious.

Monday
Ok, so this is definitely not part of the weekend, but it was just as exciting, because GUESS WHAT just came out on Netflix?!!


That's right, the Princess and the Frog. I know it's a kid's movie, but I think it's wicked cool that Disney is trying to make more traditionally animated movies. I think I heard the plan was to do one every year or every other year. Plus, the directors for it also did the Little Mermaid and Aladdin, both of which any kid will tell you are awesome.

Bonus trivia: the Little Mermaid was released in November 1989, just a few months after I was born. Weird, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment