Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Last-minute holiday madness

Today was the first day of break that Sophie and I both had off. Since we're both slackers, we devoted it to finishing off our holiday shopping. It. was. crazy. I didn't even think we were going to be able to get parking spaces at the mall or Barnes and Noble, but we ended up getting lucky and scoring spots close to the door as someone else was leaving. Then we got into the store.


And THIS was the line I got to wait in. Apparently Barnes and Noble was the place to be this afternoon. Everybody and their grandma was there. Absolute madness. At least there the checkers are pretty fast, so I didn't end up waiting as long as I thought I would. But man. I've got to remember this next year and try to get my shopping done before Christmas week.

Bonus quote of the day
Sophie, as we pass a decorative, light-up reindeer in someone's yard: Oh my gosh I thought that was a live giraffe!

1 comment:

  1. Start earlier or just buy online!
    And Sophie, really? A GIRAFFE!?!?!

    ReplyDelete