Monday, December 27, 2010

Delicious tea and some resolutions

Yesterday
My parents got me a really lovely tea tumbler from Teavana for Christmas. I wanted one to take to class with me, but of course I couldn't wait that long to try it out.


I made Teavana's Youthberry Tea, which I really liked. It had a nice fruity taste and is apparently good for the complexion (so said the website, anyway).


One of the things I particularly like about this tumbler is that it's double-walled glass, so not only can I watch my tea brew but it can also go in the dishwasher when I'm home. The only thing that needs to be hand-washed is the lid, since it's plastic. All in all, I'm very happy with it and can't wait to use it at school.

Today
Lately I've been working on my New Year's Resolutions. I've finalized 3 so far:
1. To continue to keep updating this blog on a regular basis. I've really enjoyed this the last few months, and it's been a nice way to record some of the things I've done.
2. Be a little healthier. I've noticed lately that I consume way too much soda and junk food. This year I want to try and cut out soda entirely, and significantly cut back on junk food. I also plan on using the wellness center at my school more often, particularly the climbing wall and treadmills/track. If it fits in my schedule, I want to try and find a group class as well.
3. Use healthier skin/hair/makeup products. I won't be buying all-new products, but I'm going to try and find a natural/organic alternative once I run out of something, then review them here. Starting with haircare.


I've used this shampoo from Aveda before, and I love it. I have oily hair, and the mint in this really helps keep it under control. Plus, it smells delicious and is great for helping you wake up in the morning. Just don't let it get in your eyes! The conditioner is also really nice- my hair is definitely less static-y, although it could help detangle a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment