Sunday, December 26, 2010

Holly Jolly Christmas

Thursday
Sophie didn't get home from college until Wednesday evening, so we had to wait to decorate the tree until Thursday when we were all home.


First we untangled the lights/ bothered dad while he tried to put the lights on the tree.


Then the fun part! Every Christmas, my Grandpa Bob has given me and my sisters a Christmas ornament, so we each have our own box full of decorations.


This was my very first Christmas ornament, and my all time favorite. I don't know why, I just really enjoy it :)

Christmas Eve
We spent Christmas Eve at my Grandpa Bob's house, with my Aunt Mary, Aunt Katie and Uncle Rob, and my cousins Liz and Pat. So it was a fairly small gathering this year, but it was kind of nice and relaxed. Dad made homemade chili for dinner, and Mom made homemade soup. And after dinner, we opened presents!


It was very fun. I got some sweet gift cards to Barnes and Noble and iTunes, and my Aunt Mary gave me the Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook, which is REALLY cool.


Of course, there was quite the mess when we were done!

Christmas Day
We spent Christmas day at my Aunt Anne and Uncle Chris' house. They had a really delicious Christmas brunch for us, and we watched How the Grinch Stole Christmas with W. He was so funny- he barely blinked at all, but he could hardly stay awake.


He spent the movie cuddling with Sophie, but he let me cuddle with Bumble and Kanga so I wouldn't be left out.


While he napped, Brenna tested out his new safari play set.


And I found the pickle!

I hope you all had a happy and safe holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment