Friday, August 13, 2010

Words, words, words.

You know how sometimes people get songs stuck in their heads? Well, I get words stuck in my head, too. Yesterday, it was the word "reticulated." I don't know why. I don't know how. It just popped in there. I knew I had heard it before, but not where or in relation to what. I don't know the definition of the word. Just the word, and a faint idea that it was somehow related to animals. So I googled it, and found this:


I figured I must have spent enough time at the zoo this summer that at some point or other, I read a sign in the reptile house or near the giraffes. So I googled to find out what kind of pythons and giraffes the zoo has. The first thing I found? No reticulated pythons. Just a green tree python. So that's out. But they do have reticulated giraffes!


It took Jon and I close to an hour to figure out where the word came from. That's probably kind of sad, but it did keep us occupied and our minds off the heat for awhile.

(ok, this picture is not from yesterday- it's from the weekend we went to the zoo with W, back in the Dub Day post. But the screenshot is from the conversation yesterday.)

No comments:

Post a Comment