Monday, November 8, 2010

UWO won the GLACURH region SOY!

I went home this weekend, and it was WONDERFUL. I absolutely love getting to sleep in my own bed- dorm beds are just so tiny! It was a nice, relaxing weekend, and I managed to get some work done, too :)

Also, if you're wondering about the title, it means awesome things. Like that Oshkosh will get to present its bid for School of the Year at the national level! (we just got through the regional level this weekend) It's wicked exciting because it was a really big project for USRH- we were working right up to the last minute- so now we're all extremely excited.

Friday
I got home around dinner, although I had already eaten since I was starving when we left Oshkosh. Anyway, I got to hear Brenna practice her cello, which she's definitely been improving on.


I remember when she first started playing, hearing her practice wasn't so fun. But now she's getting pretty good :)

Saturday
I slept until 9:30 and it. was. GLORIOUS. I didn't even want to get out of bed until Mom mentioned that they were going grocery shopping. I figured it would be a good time to mention how much I would love some more chips and salsa. Plus, we were stopping at a bakery and who doesn't love doughnuts? We also met my Aunt Anne at the mall that afternoon for a little bit of shopping (I got a fun skirt and belt AND Sophie and Brenna's Christmas presents!). After that, though, I spent a good chunk of time on homework.


Except that my desk looked like that, so I ended up working in the family room. Thank god for wireless internet and laptops, or I would have had to tame that AND write a 9 page paper on scholarly journals! I really do need to work on that, though. Perhaps over winter break, since I won't have terrible school work then.

Sunday
Remember my post awhile back about my wall art? Well, Brenna decided to draw a few pictures for me, so I could get some color up there.


I think my favorite is the jellyfish- every time I look at it I can't help but think of this scene from Spongebob.

No comments:

Post a Comment