Thursday, November 4, 2010

Goodbye, Bones!

Yesterday
Meet Bones. My roommate found him at the Dollar Tree and thought he'd make a good door dec for Halloween. Apparently the girls on our floor thought he needed some cash.


The CAs, however, thought Bones was a policy violation- he's covering both our room number and our spy hole. Since Halloween is over, I don't mind seeing him go.

Today
On campus, we have these things called TitanDollars- a campus currency that we can use at the Union, in vending machines, for laundry, at the bookstore, etc. It's been cold lately, and today it actually snowed a bit. Just a little. And none has stuck so far (for which I am INCREDIBLY thankful). So because it's been cold and it's now starting to snow, I ventured into the bookstore to see if I could find some mittens.


And I did find mittens. But even better than mittens- I found mittens that are also fingerless gloves! So I can still do things like unlock doors and unzip my backpack to get my keys while still being really warm (50/50 cotton/wool blend ftw)! Even more exciting! These are fair trade mitten/gloves, knit by women in Ecuador. Did you know that UW Oshkosh was the first fair trade university in the nation? (article here) It's just one of the things we do to be a more sustainable campus :)

No comments:

Post a Comment