Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Happy Christmas Cactus!

Apparently, Philip is doing quite well for a dorm plant- I noticed a tiny little new leaf/section thing sprouting out.


Ok, so it's only like the size of my pinky nail (if that), but it has to start somewhere, right? I'm glad it's perked up since I picked it up earlier in the fall- maybe I'll see some flowers later? That would be really exciting :)

Yesterday
Every year on campus, we have a program called the Tunnel of Oppression, which, yeah, is kind of depressing, but also fairly educational (though some sections are presented far better than others). Anyway, as part of their marketing campaign, they hand out buttons reminding everyone to be nice, respect each other, etc.


I got Plato-buttoned. Cool, cause that one was my favorite, but they were all pretty awesome.

Monday
Mondays are busy, as I believe I've mentioned before. I have a once a week, 3 hour long class that focuses on literary criticism and The Tome. Anyway, every week, we have different articles we're assigned to read, and then depending on the article, 1-2 people present on it. Last week, I presented on Cixous' "The Laugh of the Medusa." French feminism. Cool? Anyway, Christine and I were really worried we were off on it, but then I got this back:


A particularly good job trying to capture her tone, you say? Awesome! That's one of the best compliments I've heard from this professor all semester! And, if was apparently the difference between an A- and a B. Extra cool.

1 comment: