Wednesday, October 13, 2010

So much reading!

Updates are slow again, sorry. Foundations of Literary Criticism require a ton of reading. Who would have guessed? Anyway, here's what's been going on in Oshkosh...

Saturday
At least once a week, I feel like a stereotypical old person. Usually it has something to do with Wheel of Fortune being on right before Glee, so I usually catch the end of it while I'm waiting to get my Gleek on. Last week, however, it happened twice. Why? Check this out:


Oh yes. I was playing bingo. Any idea what a $100 Reeve Union gift card can buy? Textbooks. It was far too enticing an offer to pass up. I had wanted to get an action shot while we were playing, but it's really too dark in the Underground. It was too bad, too, because it seemed like everyone at my table except for me won something. Nothing as epic as the gift card or tv, though.

Sunday
Sunday was a homework day. It's nice because it's also the same day that office hours reset for the week, so I usually have them all covered within the first day. Sadly, since I'm only a committee chair, I don't get my own desk. I usually end up stealing Kristen's, since she never uses hers.


If you noticed the Geico money stack picture above her desk, you might have guessed that Kristen is our much put-upon treasurer. (Seriously. Intercampus mail keeps losing our money.) I'm not sure what I was doing at this point, other than taking a break. Probably working on my Langston Hughes essay. Most of your probably read his short story, Thank You Ma'am, at some point in middle or high school.

Monday
Monday was an awesome day of awesomeness. Why? Because we got our first math test back.


85/100! A solid B! I've struggled with math pretty much for forever, so this was really exciting and encouraging. I actually have the test hanging on my fridge right now, but will probably bring it home and stick it on the fridge there when I go back next weekend.

Tuesday
I saw something crazy and ridiculous but very practical, but I didn't have my camera and forgot to go back later. I'll go back and get a picture of it tomorrow for you, in addition to tomorrow's picture.

Wednesday
I've been burning through the Hunger Games books. I loved the first one, and I could hardly put the second one down to eat, let alone go to class. But it left off on a HUGE cliffhanger, which drove me crazy since I don't have the third. Luckily, my lovely friend Hannah asked me if I wanted to catch up over coffee this afternoon, and sprang this surprise on me:


She's loaning me her copy! Yay! Now if you don't hear from me for a few days, it might not be because of class. It might be because I've curled up in a nice comfy chair with this new friend :) or because having two lit. classes is turning me into a paper writing slave. Either/or.

No comments:

Post a Comment