Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Free stuff!

Remember how much I like free stuff? These last few days have been pretty nice: yesterday, I got a free pen.


Pretty boring, right?


Wrong! This sheet pulls out like a tape measure and lists all of the events going on in the student union this semester! Well, except for Homecoming week- they direct you to a website for that, because there's so much going on then. Other than that, though, it's pretty informative. For example, I now know that there's Halloween Carnival on the 28th, and that Dec. 7-8 they're making stuffed animals. Pretty sweet!

Today, I was walking around campus with Jacey, and one of the campus ministries was giving out free plants. That was cool, because I've kind of wanted to get a plant for awhile, since they help brighten up the room and are supposed to make you happier.


I named this guy Philip. We're pretty sure he's a Christmas Cactus, but since neither Jacey nor I know a whole lot about plants, we're probably wrong. (None of the plants had info stick things.) Then, because I could and because no one else seemed to want the plants, I grabbed another one.


We have no idea what this is. It's got little pink flowers, and the leaves are shiny, but that's about all we have to go on. So... back to Whatsit Wednesday! Can anyone name the Whatsit?

5 comments:

  1. no.

    I can't believe you took two plants. I think that first one is a Christmas Cactus, but I don't know much about plants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I took two plants. Jesus wasn't watering them! They were thirsty! But I can pretend one is for my roommate if it would make you feel better. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah, I think you have a Crhistmas cactus and a begonia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary- thanks for the advice. I'll have to look up begonia care now.
    JB- poison ivy looks nothing like that!

    ReplyDelete