Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Ashley+ Tim's Wedding :)

Friday
Like most of this weekend, Friday was really busy. Andy and Jon had to go to Appleton to pick up their tuxs for the wedding (they were both ushers), then we had to drive to Madison, then we had wedding practice, and then the rehearsal dinner.


They're strange, but we love them. I think they were reenacting some pac-man thing. Anyway, the rehearsal dinner was at the Monona Terrace/ Sheraton Hotel in downtown Madison, and had a GREAT view of both the capitol building and the terrace.


The capitol building, which should look familiar.


Part of the Monona Terrace, which may not look familiar. Quite lovely, don't you think?

Saturday
The actual wedding took place on Saturday. It didn't start until 3, but Jon and Andy had to be there by 12:30 to get ready, so I ended up being there really early, too. It worked out well, though, because I ended up doing a lot of running around for Ashley and her bridesmaids.


Speaking of, here they are getting ready for their pre-wedding church pictures. The photographer took about a million of Ashley (of course), and then a million more of her with various bridesmaids and the cute little flower girl.


And then Ashley and Tim were married! The ceremony seemed really short to me, but Tim's mom (who was awesome, btw) said it was actually fairly long for a Lutheran wedding. I guess I haven't really been to a wedding in quite awhile, though. They probably seemed a lot longer when I was younger.


This was their guestbook at the reception- it started out as just the tree drawing, and then people stamped their thumbs in green stamping ink and made the leaves.

Sunday
You would think that once the wedding was over, things would have settled down a bit. Somehow, we still ended up being pretty busy. First there was the gift opening Sunday morning, then we had to drive to Appleton to return the boy's tuxs, and then come back to Oshkosh.


I was so tired that after the first gift, I completely forgot to take pictures. I think this one was sheets. I was really tired. I'm sure at some point I fell asleep on the ride to Appleton, and I know I did between Appleton and Oshkosh.


I did wake up for a couple of minutes to try on this ridiculous Smurfette hat at the Spencer's in the Appleton mall. Not the most flattering picture...

No comments:

Post a Comment