Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Happy Hippos

I found these little soapstone hippos at a fair trade shop in North Carolina while I was visiting an Aunt over spring break during my senior year of high school. My sister, B, had bought one the previous year, and I had been hoping to find them again. Happily, I did.


The original plan had just been to get one (I think I picked the yellow guy out first), but then I realized that one just wasn't enough. I love that because they're hand carved, they've each got their own unique look to them :) They've kept me company in the dorms these last two years, and given me something to play with when I inevitably get writer's block in the middle of a paper. For more inspiration, I keep XKCD: vol 0 (Randall Munroe), and my complete Shakespeare works- a handy graduation gift from another of my aunts :)

1 comment: