Friday, June 18, 2010

Most Wonderful Cookies EVER

When I was little, my great grandma would make these cookies. They were my favorite then, and are still my favorite now. They're also a big hit with most of my friends. So, since I'm going to visit Ben and Jon in their new apartment, I'm making a batch to take up for them. Here's the process, from dough to cookie:


The dough is supposed to be chilled, so it's easiest to make the dough the day before and stick it in the fridge over night.


Once you roll out the dough balls, you roll them in sugar.


The final product! The recipe should make ~3 dozen, unless you have a family like mine, where we eat a ton of the dough before it has a chance to be made into cookies.

Here's the recipe:
Mix
3/4 cup of butter
1 cup of sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup of molasses

Add
2 cups flour
2 tsp. soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ginger
1/8 tsp. salt

Mix well and chill. Form into small balls, then roll them in sugar and place on a cookie sheet. Do not press down.

Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Do not over bake.

No comments:

Post a Comment